….many many charities. Dawleys take an active role in fundraising for various local and national charities. Why do we do this?
As a business we find there are many benefits
- Supporting our brand
Our charity support is a cornerstone of our brand, defining who we are as a company and how we wish to be perceived. It helps define our differences from our competition and is an important recruitment tool for attracting top talent to Dawleys.
- Team building
Our employees are able to work together for a common cause that is not business related. This is usually fun and promotes a sense of camaraderie and unity as they work towards a shared mission and common goal.
- Community awareness
Sharing stories of our support provides local community awareness of Dawleys as a business and reinforces to current and prospective employees that Dawleys are an ethical company.
Fund raising puts you in contact with a network of like minded business owners making important and valuable links that can benefit both charity and business as you work towards a common goal.
- but mainly because…it can dramatically impact and benefit others. The knowledge that you are helping others is hugely empowering and can make you feel happier and more fulfilled. For many of us fundraising for a charity is a practical way to act on our social conscience and reinforce our personal values. According to a study carried out by The Independent. ‘’The UK had the fourth highest rate of charitable donations in a study of 24 nations and topped all other EU countries that were looked at.’’
Listed below is a sample of the types of charity events and support Dawleys and Dawleys employees have taken part in over the last 18 months
- a 24 hour spinathon to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation
- a 10k run for Acorns Children’s Hospice
- a Devil run for Winston’s Wish
- a Tough Mudder event to support Help for Heroes
- Hereford Half Marathon in support of St Michael’s Hospice
- The Newport Marathon to support Gloucestershire Young Carers
- European Masters Athletics Championships Stadia (EMACS) in 2017 and 2018
- Mission Christmas 2018
- Sponsorship of Hereford FC Academy
- John Kyrle High School – Netball and Rugby kit
This year Luke Beard, Account & Sales Director at Dawleys will be running the London Marathon on 28 April 2019, to raise funds for the Muscular Dystrophy charity MD UK. MD UK are one of Dawleys clients managing their online shop order handling and fulfilment. https://www.musculardystrophyuk.org/
Since signing up the support from local businesses has been phenomenal and Dawleys have paid Luke’s registration fees and his expenses.
Despite a niggling ankle injury Luke has run nearly 300 miles in training. He has smashed his fundraising target of £1,750 which currently stands at £2,730. If you would like to find out more about why Luke is doing this and support this amazing cause you can do so at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lukebeardlondonmarathon2019